We hope you are able to volunteer for some of the exciting events we have planned at CMS this year. Have you joined our PTA this year? If not, click here to get this year’s membership form. If you are interested in serving on the Conyers Middle School PTA Executive Board or as a Committee Chair, please contact us:
The CMS PTA Executive Team for 2016 – 2017:
President: Rosaida Hardaway
Vice President: Briana Brantley
Treasurer: Leslie McKinney
Secretary: Pam Robertson
Send us an email to let us know how we can help you and ways you can volunteer. You can also stop by the CMS Parent Center and speak with our Parent Liaison who will be happy to answer your questions. Together, we can all PASS for Education* at Conyers Middle School!
What's Happening Next?...Take a Look!...Get Involved!
PTA Ice Days Skating Spirit Night Event:
Date: Tuesday, February 7th
Time: From 5pm – 9pm
Location: Ice Days Outdoor Skating Rink; Olde Town Conyers Pavilion; 949 S. Main Street; Conyers
Cost: $10; includes skate rental (BRING/WEAR SOCKS!)
******Please consider volunteering for this event.******
The next PTA Meeting is:
Board Meeting: Wednesday, January 18th at 6pm located in the CMS Parent Center.
General Meeting: Wednesday, January 25th at 6pm located in the CMS Parent Center.
We look forward to seeing you and getting your input!
Benefits of PTA Involvement
Research has shown children do better when parents are involved at home and school.
• Grades are higher. Test scores rise. Self-esteem grows. Schools improve.
• PTA helps parents learn what is going on at school
• Parents gain a connection with teachers and administrators within the school
• School building & grounds improve with educational programs & social events
• Parents become a role model, showing the importance of education to your child
• Membership also includes State and National PTA membership
• Opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a great cause
• A network to meet other parents, build rapport and discuss parenting issues
• Resources on tips for helping your child with homework, preparing for parent-teacher conferences and working with administrators and school district staff
*Wondering what PASS for Education is? It’s the way we make things happen at CMS…Parents And Students Succeed for Education at CMS!