Last item for navigation


Registration Information:

Enrolling A New Student:
Please review the information on this page (CLICK HERE) to learn more about what you must have with you when you begin Student Registration. As an additional timesaver, we have posted a printable document of the required registration items. Please note that we must have the required documents to register your child.

To enroll in Rockdale County Schools, the student's parent or legal guardian must be a resident of Rockdale County.  All initial registration for RCPS is completed by Student Registration.  To determine if CMS is your zoned school, please contact Student Registration.

If you are registering a child from out of state, please obtain his or her records BEFORE your child's former school system closes (many school systems close completely over the summer and your child may not be able to start school in Georgia without those records).

Student Registration is online only:
Phone: 770-761-1457
Fax: 770-483-6331
Email: [email protected]
Normal School Year Office hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

For a list of requirements to register, see the information below, or call 770-761-1457. Click here for a printable PDF of the list of requirements to register.

Withdrawing A Student:
Please call our CMS Records Office 770-483-3371, Ms. Borrero, 24 hours in advance with your child's name, current grade, and where you plan to transfer/withdraw to so your transfer/withdrawal forms are completed before you arrive.  The only person that can withdraw the student is the person who enrolled them.  Parents/guardians, please bring your state issued ID and sign the transfer/withdrawal forms.  The paperwork necessary to enroll your child to their new location will be sent with you in a sealed envelope.  It will be necessary to clear all lunch account monies, as well as any outstanding book fines or technology fees before your paperwork is released.  All monies for fines/fees must be in cash or money order.

Registration Requirements/Academic Records:
Please bring the most recent report card, withdrawal form(s) from previous school and/or transcripts to Student Registration. These are essential for proper placement of students. Students in grades 7-12 also will need copies of any discipline records.


Immunization certificate:
Georgia requires students to be immunized against the following:
  • measles
  • mumps
  • polio
  • rubella
  • whooping cough
  • tetanus
  • diphtheria
  • hepatitis B
  • haemophilus influenza
  • varicella
Immunization information must be on the proper Georgia Department of Human Resources form; these are available through the Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness or local physicians (Form 3231). Sixth grade students must have an additional MMR (mumps, measles and rubella) vaccine and are required to have the chicken pox (varicella) vaccine or proof of immunity. The Georgia DHR Form 3189 is acceptable for these students showing the additional immunizations for 6th graders. Forms 3231 (and 3189 if needed) must be signed by the Health Department or a licensed Georgia physician.

Birth Certificate

Must be government issued--hospital certificates are not acceptable. Birth certificates for children born in Georgia may be requested from:

Georgia Department of Human Resources
Vital Records
2600 Skyland Drive, NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30319-3640
phone: 404-679-4701
fax: 404-524-4278

Proof of residency

Two documents indicating residence in the attendance area must be provided. Appropriate records for verification of residency must include any two of the following:
  • Copy of home mortgage payment book
  • Current utility bill (gas, electric, or water)
  • Apartment lease showing name of legal guardian
  • Homeowner's insurance registration/card
  • Current Paycheck stub
  • Current Bank statement
  • Driver's license showing legal guardian's current address with one of the above
  • Copy of sales contract
  • Receipt to have utilities connected
  • Affidavit of Residency with signatures from the permanent resident and parent or guardian notarized with two of the above. The two additional documents should bear the name of the person signing as the permanent resident of the dwelling or apartment.
Social Security Number
Social security numbers are voluntary. Waivers are available in local schools. Applications for social security numbers are also available in local schools.
Migrant number is acceptable.
Ear, Eye and Dental Screening
No child entering a Georgia school for the first time shall be admitted unless the child has a certificate of eye, ear and dental screening. This Georgia Department of Human Resources certificate (Form 3300) must be signed by the Health Department or a licensed Georgia physician.